Sandals are a great introduction to shoemaking! Throughout this workshop students will be introduced to basic shoemaking techniques and with the use of only a few simple tools will have the opportunity to design their own pair of sandals from scratch!
Students will begin the workshop by selecting their designs from over 10 trusted patterns provided and then will have the opportunity to customize their patterns to match personal measurements, proportions and design preferences.
Once we have settled on our design, students will then peruse our large assortment of premium leather to select their own unique color and material combination. From there we will move into the following stages: cutting, assembling, fitting, soling and finishing! After 12 hours of class time, each student will have the opportunity to walk out the door wearing their masterpiece!
This workshop includes a total of 12 hrs of in studio instruction. In the attempt to accommodate the schedule of the mass majority this workshop is offered in a series of 4 evenings sessions as well as two full back to back days over the weekend. Please note: Both options cover identical information.
FIT + SIZING:
For this workshop we will working directly off your foot and therefore can create your sandal to accommodate your fit ie. small, large, narrow or wide!
***Please note: Prior to checkout you will be asked to provide us with your shoe size and foot measurements. For additional instruction click on "Measurement instructions" at the bottom of this page.
Limited to 4 students
- WHAT IS INCLUDED:Trusted pre-made customizable patterns
- Premium leather and textiles for your select design
- Leather and rubber outsole material
- Midsole Padding and arch cookies
- Leather welting
- Hardware, trims and embellishments (optional)
- Needle and wax thread
- Coffee and/or tea to help keep your energy level up
- Art and Sole shoe box + tote bag!
All materials are included within your workshop fee although if you have specific materials in mind that you would like to incorporate into your design please bring them with you to the beginning of your first class.
THINGS TO BRING:
- Inspiration photos for the type of design you would like to create
- Clothes you don’t mind getting dirty (The process involves a lot of gluing and leather dust)
- Indoor shoes that are easy to slip on and off as you will be working directly off your own foot
- Notebook to be able to jot down the step by step process