The Huarache dates back to pre-Columbian Mexico and has since become a modern and trendy staple shoe across many countries and cultures.
In this pop up workshop participants will learn basic leather working, shoemaking and weaving techniques to create their very own pair of summer sandals! Huarache designs vary greatly in their woven patterns and therefore students will have the opportunity to design their own woven uppers and create either an open toe or closed toe style!
- Choose materials
- Design woven upper pattern
- Cut out all materials and components
- Last your upper
What is included:
- Upper leather i.e. vegetable tanned leather and cow hide options
- Pre made pattern templates for you to use or reference to create your own custom design
- Pre cut leather strips for you to grab with ease and weave
- Leather and rubber soling sheets
- Hardware and embellishments
- Handtools and last in your select size for you to use during your time in the studio
PREREQUISITE: No previous experience needed. All skill levels welcome!
MATERIALS: All materials are included within the workshop fee. If you have a specific color or materials you would like to incorporate into your design you are welcome to bring them with you to the studio