This is the sequel to our Intro to Sewing!
You've just learned the basics of using a sewing machine and now you are ready to practice and build upon those skills!In this workshop we will be making a “Drawstring Backpack” detailed in waxed canvas with premium leather accents. This project will provide you with a solid sewing foundation along with experience working with both fabric and leather!
LEARN HOW TO:
- Refresher on how to set up and thread a sewing machine
- Properties of sewing with Fabric vs. Leather
- Proper tracing, pinning and cutting techniques for woven fabrics and leather
- Select proper seam allowance measurements
- Five essential seams ie. plain, lapped, french, flat fell and an abutted seam
- Stitch an exposed zipper and pocket bag
- Insert lining
- Create a round 3 dimensional handle
- Insert adjustable cording
MATERIALS: All materials are Included.
CLASS SIZE: Limited to 4 students
PREREQUISITE: For those completely new to sewing we suggest taking the Sewing 101. If you simply require a refresher you are welcome to use this workshop as your starting point before moving into our more complex offerings.
SPECIAL OFFER: Students who have already taken our Intro to Sewing workshop will receive 10% off this class by entering the code : SEWINGSEQUEL via our website checkout to redeem your discount.