Oxford + Derby
DATES: MAY 28TH/ JUNE 2ND/4TH/9TH/11TH/16TH
DURATION: Evening sessions 630-930PM + Weekend sessions 11-5PM
DATES: JULY 31ST/AUG 7TH/11TH/14TH/18TH/21ST
DURATION: Evening Sessions 630-930pm + Weekend Sessions 11-5pm
Throughout this workshop students will be guided though the shoemaking process from start to finish to create a pair of classic Men's or Women's oxfords!
Throughout this workshop we will cover the following steps:
1. Designing on the last
2. Creating a master pattern
3. Cutting the upper materials and internal components
4. Lasting the shoe
5. Attaching the welt
6. Building the leather outsole and heel
7. Sanding, finishing and polishing
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- "last" in your size for you to use during the workshop
- Leather soling sheets for outsoles and heels
- Storm welt
- Hardware + Embellishments + Thread + Laces
- Essential internal shoemaking components
- Shoemaking tools to use throughout the workshop
All materials are included within the workshop fee except for your upper and lining material. Please bring these materials with you to the first class. We have attached a "shopping guide + "Material list" below for you to use as a reference when purchasing your materials.
For those new to our studio we suggest starting with our Shoemaking 101. For those new to sewing our Sewing Essentials Level 1 and/or 2 is recommended.